VISA Debit CardYou are able to use any ATM on the CO-OP ATM Network surcharge free. Your EPB Employees Credit Union is a member of the CO-OP Network that allows members to locate and use participating ATMs “fee-free” to withdraw cash from share draft accounts. We believe that you will find this service both convenient and economical. Just click on the CO-OP ATM icon to find out what ATMs are near you - anywhere, anytime.
Please note that we allow five ATM withdrawals per month fee free. Should you withdraw cash from any ATM six or more times within a month, there will be a 75-cent per transaction charge.
Certain special features are:
- You must be a member in good standing.
- You must have a Share Draft Account.
- The maximum amount for purchases in a 24-hour period is $1,500. (This amount includes any ATM withdrawals.)
- The maximum amount of ATM withdrawals in a 24-hour period is $500. (If purchases have exceeded $1,000 during this same period, the $500 available withdrawal amount will be reduced by those purchase amounts.)
- You may make an unlimited number of purchase transactions without a fee.
- There is a $25 per card replacement fee.
- PIN changes are $1 each (effective Nov. 12, 2016).
- Each month, if you exceed five (5) withdrawals from an ATM, each additional cash withdrawal will incur a charge of $0.75. This charge is in addition to any fee that may be charged by the ATM owner.
All Visa Debit Cards are processed by an outside vendor. They are mailed directly to the member or to the Credit Union, depending on the member’s wishes. Effective Nov. 12, 2016, you must activate your new card when it is received. You will be asked to verify certain personal information and (effective Nov. 12, 2016) you will need to select your own PIN number. The PIN is required for ATM withdrawals, however, it is not necessary for purchase transactions. Credit Union staff never has access to the PIN.
Should the card become lost or stolen, or if you notice unauthorized transactions on your Credit Union account, notify the Credit Union at once (423) 648-3413 or, after hours, call 800-554-8969. Even though we are issuing “chip” cards, please keep in mind that no plastic card is totally secure. Please refrain from saving your debit card information to websites when ordering online. This one act appears to be the most common way system hackers obtain access to your debit card information.